Looking for a salon finish in the comfort of your own home? Try Nair Salon Divine Body Wax. A creamy microwavable wax with a sensuous Tahitian Gardenia or Sensual Orchid fragrance that easily and effectively removes hair from the body. No cloth strips needed simply smooth on, peel off and enjoy your silky smooth salon finish. With a wax that is effective even on short hair and results that last for up to weeks, you can say goodbye to your beautician for good. An easy application spatula and aftercare wipes are also supplied with the pack.
Available in Wild Orchid & Tahitian Gardenia fragrances – 400g tub
Before each use always do a patch test. Apply a test sample to a small area where product will be used following the basic instructions. Wait 24 hours before applying product to a larger area. A slight reddening of the skin is normal for several hours after removal of hair. In cases of extreme skin reactions, discontinue use immediately and do not proceed with full treatment. If skin appears normal, proceed.
Wash area to be waxed with mild soap and water. Dry thoroughly.
When heating, this jar should NOT be put in the middle/centre of the microwave oven. Put the jar to one side and follow the enclosed heating instructions carefully.
- Take extreme caution not to overheat.
- Never heat wax tub in the carton, with the wooden spatula, or with any other object in it.
- Do not use a tub with any defects or if deformed while heating.
- Do not leave the microwave unattended during heating.
- Keep out of reach of children.
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE HEATING AND OTHER DIRECTIONS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC PRODUCT.
AMOUT OF WAX MAXIMUM TIME (900 WATT MICROWAVE OVEN)
Full Tub 2 minutes (120 seconds)
Half Tub 1 minute & 30 seconds (90 seconds)
WARNING: Never allow wax to boil. Overheated wax can cause serious burns. The heating time should be adjusted according to the amount of wax in the tub and the power of your microwave. The recommended heating times in the table above are supplied as a guide only for microwaves with a power of 900 watts. The heating time must be very exact. If your microwave oven does not have a digital time setting function (with minutes and seconds indicated exactly), control the heating time with the aid of a watch with a seconds timer. To avoid risk of burning, never exceed these heating times.
Leave the tub to stand in the microwave (switched off) straight after heating to allow a better diffusion of heat through the wax.
– For the Salon Divine Body Wax, leave the tub to stand in the microwave for 3 minutes.
NOTE: After heating, the wax could have two different parts:
- A liquid part
- A solid mass
Mixing these two parts will create the ideal consistency of smooth creamy honey.
If the wax is not sufficiently softened, and therefore is difficult to stir or spread in thin layers, put it back into the microwave to heat for 10 seconds at a time (never more) until the ideal consistency is achieved.
Be extremely careful: to avoid risk of burning, always check the temperature of the wax with a small amount on the inside of the wrist before proceeding with the full hair removal treatment. If the wax is too hot, leave to cool.
- Wax must only be applied to clean, dry, non-irritated skin without any trace of oil, cream, lotion, moisturiser or perspiration.
- Do not use to remove hair for 2 hours after a shower or bath, when the skin is still too hot or too moist.
- Do not use 24 hours before sunbathing or 24 hours after sunbathing.
- Apply talc before applying each strip of wax.
Before removing hair, place the following items within reach:
- This instruction leaflet
- The tub of softened, well-stirred wax
- The wooden spatula
- Aftercare wipes
It is advisable to protect the area where you will be doing the hair removal treatment (under the tub in particular) with a newspaper or paper towel for example.
Applying the Wax
NOTE: No cloth strips are needed. The wax itself becomes the strip to be removed.
Removal of the Strip of Wax
– Do not reuse the wax.
– Do not re-wax area if skin is red or irritated.
It is recommended that talc be applied to areas before applying wax. Ensure that the area is completely dry. If the hair is too long, cut it down to approximately 6mm. It is important the skin is pulled taut during application.
Wax should be applied from the top of the lower leg towards the ankle and removed in the opposite direction.
Underarm hair removal should be carried out in two steps, as the hair grows in two different directions (at the top towards the top, and at the bottom towards the bottom). Place your hand behind your neck to stretch the skin.
Spread the wax in the direction of hair growth (usually towards the insides of the thighs). Remove in the opposite direction, pulling back quickly, as close to the skin as possible.
- Complete the treatment by cleaning the skin with either the aftercare wipes supplied or baby oil. Never use water or other products (e.g. Alcohol or Acetone) to remove any wax residue.
- To remove large areas of residue wait until these are completely dry and remove with fingers.
- To remove fine residue apply talc to the treated areas to make the residue easier to see, then rub with the aftercare wipe supplied until it disappears.
- It is normal for a slight redness to appear after removing hair; this will disappear naturally after a few hours. You can apply an ice cube or a cold compress for a few moments.
- Avoid any prolonged exposure to the sun for 24 hours after removing hair, in order to avoid provoking unwanted skin reactions.
- Wait 24 hours before using deodorant, perfume or astringent lotions on the waxed area.
IF THERE IS WAX LEFT OVER FOR ANOTHER TREATMENT
- Do not leave the spatula in the tub; remove as much wax as possible from the spatula by scraping it against the inside of the tub.
- Adjust the heating time according to the amount of wax that remains. The time will be less because there is less wax in the tub.
- Store the tub in the carton with this leaflet for the next treatment.
CAUTION: Patch test before each use by applying the product to a small part of the area where hair is to be removed. Follow directions and wait 24 hours. If skin appears normal, proceed. Never reapply wax on same area within a 24 hour period. As with any wax treatment, some discomfort may be experienced. Your skin may turn slightly red for a short time after treatment. This is normal and will soon disappear. If the skin to be treated is not held taut, and the wax is not zipped or pulled back very fast and close to the skin, then a pinching effect may be felt, a wax residue will remain on the skin or worse, skin could be removed resulting in injury. Read the instructions carefully, proceed at all times with caution. Heat only in a microwave. Do not heat in saucepan of hot water. Do not use in conventional or toaster oven. Microwaves vary in power output so heating guidelines are an indication only. Take extreme caution when warming the wax not to overheat. Never leave the heating wax unattended. Remember the tub containing the wax will also become hot therefore we recommend placing the tub on a microwaveable plate. Remember to use caution when handling, testing or applying the wax. If it is too hot it could cause you serious injury.
WARNINGS: Do not use product in the area of the eye. Wax should not be used by people suffering from diabetes or circulatory problems or on areas with varicose veins, moles and warts. Do not wax inside nose or ears, on nipples, perianal, vaginal/genital areas or eyelashes. Do not use on irritated, inflamed or broken skin. Not suitable for people with extar sensitive or problem skin. Not recommended for the elderly or people with loose skin. Do not apply wax over sunburned, chapped, broken or sore skin, cuts, weak scars or eczema. Do not use immediately after a bath. Do not sunbathe 24 hours before waxing or 24 hours after waxing. Do not ingest. Failure to follow these warnings may result in severe skin irritation, skin removal, burns or other injury. Keep out of reach of children